Probate Proceedings | Settlement of an Estate | Estate and Inheritance Tax Preparation | Estate and Trust Litigation | Guardianships
When a loved one passes away, the specter of probate and estate administration can be quite overwhelming. When already saddled with the grief that accompanies loss, the last thing you need is the stress of navigating this process alone. If you are the named executor, court appointed administrator/personal representative, or a beneficiary that needs help understanding your rights, our staff can help guide you through every step of the process.
Our attorneys and paralegals will work with you to:
- Assist with your appointment as executor or administrator by the probate court
- Help you put together an accounting of the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Notify all relevant parties of the probate proceeding, including creditors and potential heirs
- Obtain valuation of any property that lacks a known value
- Pay all final debts of the estate
- Ensure that all tax obligations of the estate are resolved
- Oversee the orderly distribution of the estate in accordance with the terms of the will
In addition, our attorneys are equipped to represent your interests in any estate related dispute, including but not limited to claims of fraud, undue influence, or breach of fiduciary duty. We are also experienced in guardianship matters for minors or incapacitated persons, and can take you through the process.